Thursday, June 05, 2008

Oliver Stone's "W" biopic begins filming

Oliver Stone is a liberal and almost always controversial director. He has created some films that are widely respected (Platoon, Wall Street), others that are divisive (JFK, Nixon), and some downright bombs (Alexander). He's also a very vocal critic of the current Bush administration, and has decided to make a "comedic" biopic about George W. Bush and his presidency. Read about the movie and its impressive cast here.

I'd really be more interested in the film if it came from someone determined to tell the story from a more objective point of view. But regardless of how you feel about our current POTUS, you've got to admit that a movie about Pres. Bush is probably ripe for some occasionally humorous storytelling. Let's take the movie's initial poster, for example, which includes some classic Bush-isms (click on the image below for a larger view):You can't read them very well, but I think this is my favorite: "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." It's my sincere wish that all of our wings will someday take dream.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Interesting, very very interesting. You are a wealth of knowledge, which is a good thing since my Entertainment Weekly never came.

Katie said...

Poor President Bush. I'm glad no one is recording my every word to make fun of me later.