Wednesday, June 04, 2008

First chapter of "Breaking Dawn"

How much do I love my diverse and loyal readers? So much so that I realize that there are many of you who couldn't give a flying rip about hobbits or Indiana Jones. Just to keep myself safely on your good side, here's a link to an excerpt from Stephanie Meyer's upcoming Edward-the-vampire sequel, Breaking Dawn, which is scheduled for release in August.

Ms. Meyer has become the real-deal lately. Her most recent sci-fi thriller, The Host, is tearing up the bestseller lists. To those who are making it through the confusing first 100 pages or so, the book is gaining fans on an Edward-type level. Not bad for a stay-at-home mom who didn't plan on being an author in the first place.

Do stunningly chaste vampires and romantically parasitic aliens do anything for me? No. But don't tell me I don't know what my legion of fans is clammering for...

5 comments:

Andrea, Mrs. said...

It's about time! heheheheh.....

l.g. mcfifi said...

I guess i need to give these books another chance?? I read Twilight- but on the MTV movie awards the other night they had the actors who play Edward and the girl?? He really fit the part

Michelle said...

You are funny. Way to give in to your fan base. Haven't read the chapter yet, and don't know if I will. I get T.O.ed about things that I start and can't finish.

Katie said...

I can't wait for more!

Unknown said...

"Legion of fans"? Really? You are impressive! I'm hoping for a few quiet minutes to be able to read the chapter. Thanks for the link!