Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The next great fantasy epic?


Since I've been listening to my Lord of the Rings soundtrack again (I come back to it about every three months...), I've been feeling an empty place in my heart for a good old fashioned fantasy epic. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix looks great, but I know the story already. I really wanted to love Narnia, but only ended up liking it. I didn't even bother with last year's Eragon, and based on the reviews, I'm not sad I missed it.

So what will be our next great fantasy adventure? New Line Cinema (the studio who produced LOTR) is hoping to ride the fantasy gravy-train again this winter with The Golden Compass, starring Nicole Kidman, Daniel Craig (blond Bond), and Eva Green (Bond's most recent babe). The trailer looks flashy and thrilling, but I don't know anything about the book it's based on. Should I be getting excited, or will this be another Eragon?

3 comments:

Wendy Marie said...

I think The Golden Compass looks like it could be really good...I need another good fantasy movie. By the way, how could you not tell me about Moonlight??!!

Justin said...

I guess I just figured that my wife would be my blog's biggest fan (i.e. would check it more than once a month). Maybe I should rename the blog "J Dawg's Vampire Blog"--I bet that would keep you coming back!

Wendy Marie said...

whatever