Thursday, May 10, 2007

"Help me"?

Forgive another Lost-centric post, but I just have a few comments about last night's mind-boggling (but fascinating) episode (read no further if you haven't watched the episode yet!):
  • First, a fascinating equation: Uncle Rico + old man makeup - mustache = Roger Work Man
  • Next: how creepy was it when Ben took Locke into that creaky old shack and started talking to...a chair! It was only through some very meticulous slow-mo (thanks, DVR) that Wendy and I were able to ascertain that there really was someone sitting in that chair--someone that looked, in my mind, suspiciously like a shadowy, long-haired version of Locke himself. WEIRD. (Watch the video in slow-mo here.)
  • Speaking of Locke, did anyone see that ending coming? Looking back on it, I guess if Ben really did what it looks like he did, at least poor Locke got some closure and answers over the last couple of episodes before he checked out. But come on, Lost without Locke? I'll believe it when I see it.
  • Finally, tortured youth or not, Ben is one crazy, buggy-eyed freak.
I'm not wrong to be LOVING this show again, am I? What did you all think of the episode?

7 comments:

lacy lee said...

There was someone in that chair?? I really need to get a Tivo. Oh wait, I have one, I just don't know how to use it. Anyway, I too have again rekindled my obsession with LOST, although Dave still refuses to watch until the season is over. And there's no way Locke is dead. Please! They only ever kill people who get DUIs off the set.

Justin said...

I keep hoping that the Locke development is a tease, but who knows with this wacky, wonderful show. The only death I expected before the season finale was Charlie's...

PJC said...

I don't think Locke is dead either. We didn't see anyone in the chair! I'm going to check it out right now!

Anonymous said...

Sweet action Jackson, thanks for the link to slow mo the video.

Unknown said...

There is no way that Locke is dead. The island heals him quicker than anyone. Don't forget that he is "special." Jacob will help him out of the pit, and then Locke will help Jacob somehow. I can't belive I'm actually typing about this.

Does it get any creepier than Ben? I'd rather hang out with Jacob . . .

Unknown said...

Hey Justin! This is Kasia this time...not Brett again. I could go on and on with you on theories about Lost. What I can now see happening is that are trying to make Ben and Locke archetypal symbols of good and evil. There are many parallels between the two:both felt unloved by their fathers, both were required to kill their fathers to get the respect they sought(however, Ben went through with it and Locke did not),both were paralyzed, etc. For some reason 'the hostiles' saw Ben as special because he "can see dead people" or something on the island(there is some sort of afterlife world on the island because this is not the first time 'ghosts' have been seen: Echo saw his brother before he died and Jack saw his father). But now there's a new kid in town and that's Locke. They see something special in him too. As Ben said Locke seems to have a connection with the island that no one else has. So who's gonna be the last one standing? Locke or Ben.

Justin said...

Wow--that is some deep thinking, Kasia! Yes, I noticed that the show was trying to draw parallels between Ben and Locke, although I'm not sure why at this point. Personally, I won't be surprised if we see the demise of John Locke as we know him in the coming few episodes, and wouldn't be at all shocked if the same actor ends up playing Jacob (with a wig of course). Who knows, though. I'm just enjoying the ride.