Monday, May 07, 2007

"Lost" to get lost in 2010!

As you may have seen reported this morning, the producers of Lost have signed an unprecedented new deal with the network to continue producing the show for three more years, bringing the show to a final conclusion in May 2010. Here are a few of the details:
  • Each of the next three seasons will run without interruption or repeats from February through May (meaning that we'll have to wait until February to get any new episodes after this month's season finale...).
  • The remaining three seasons will be fairly abbreviated seasons, with only 16 episodes each (the previous seasons have produced 24-25 episodes each).
  • The show will be moving to an earlier timeslot to try to bring back the family audience. (Does that mean that we'll see less of Sawyer & Kate alone in their cage/tent?)
You might have remembered me saying that the producers and network were negotiating about whether or not the show would remain on the air for two more seasons (the producers' wish) or three more seasons (the network's wish). Looks like they both got their wish, since the show will be around for three more TV seasons, but will only have to make 48 more episodes, the equivalent of what the show produced during the first two seasons.

I think the news is welcome, since it gives us a bit more hope that they are really moving toward a definitive conclusion. It's also nice to know that we won't have to wait weeks between new episodes or have to deal with reruns. As much as I love Lost, I now know that only have to wait three years for some definitive answers. Bravo!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So, what's your take on the "big picture" when it comes to LOST? Are they all dead (I don't think so)? Does the island really exist (I think so)? Let me know what you have put together.

Congrats on the impending little one, and consider yourself linked as a favorite blog of mine! I'll be checking regularly.

Que te vaya bien, hijito chulito.

Brett

Justin said...

I think that all the recent allusions to purgatory are an attempt to both entice and appease the longtime fans who initially bought into the idea, but no, I don't think there's any weight behind it. I've stopped speculating about what's really going on because it just makes me mad when it takes them FOR-EVER to give answers. So for now, having no expectations is really working out great.

jennie said...

I'm not sure whether I'm happy about the news or not. It seems like any time we get questions answered, we get 30 more, you know?
Jenn