Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"SYTYCD" injury sends Jessica home early

As you may have heard, the much maligned (by judges, at least) redhead, Jessica King from So You Think You Can Dance, was injured during rehearsals, and has been asked by her doctor to leave the competition. Producers apparently asked the recently-eliminated Comfort to take Jessica's place both on the show, and on the upcoming multi-city Top 10 tour. Read the whole story here.

I haven't been the most loyal follower of SYTYCD this year, as none of the dancers has particularly caught my interest, but I have found it interesting that judges have been as hard on Jessica as they have been. I'm no dancer, but she looked pretty good to me. Sorta makes you wonder if there is some controversy behind the whole thing...similar to Jessie's strange and sudden departure a few seasons back.

I don't care either way, and can't imagine that this transition will make me watch the show any more or less. But I know there are a few Jessica fans out there...what do you think?

8 comments:

jennie said...

I cannot and will not believe that she went home with an injury... unless it's a MENTAL injury from all the abuse she took from the judges. Seriously... I thought they were too hard on her. Shame on them. And really? Comfort? Come on.

Lindsay said...

I like Jessica. Much, much, much more than I enjoy Comfort. I too think this seems very fishy. I'll be interested to see how they spin this tonight!

Way to always have your finger on the pulse J!

PJC said...

I think that the oil companies are behind this...and the illuminati too.

Stinsonian said...

I think it's all rigged. Seriously... the judges have their fav's and they rip anyone else to shreds!! Poor Jessica.

Justin said...

In the judges defense, they ARE judges...they are paid to give their opinions. And on this show, they are designed to have a say in who stays and who goes. So I don't blame them for having favorites. It's just too bad their favorites don't always agree with ours, and that we don't get to see the backstage drama that goes into some of their decisions...

jennie said...

I think Bry is on to something when he suggests the Nancy Kerrigon-Tonya Harding situation. I saw Comfort throwing her gang signs as she got kicked off...

A Little Sass said...

NOOOOOO! I can't stand Comfort! Poor Jessica, I think she just couldn't take the beating any longer. I am with Bry ... a little too fishy. I am going to see if I can get anything out of Chelsey's mom on Sunday.

KA said...

So I don't get it. Jessica gets up there and says her ribs are broken but that she has to heal for the tour. So is she going on tour? Does she not know that she's not invited to the tour? What's going on?