Wednesday, July 30, 2008

First look at "Half-Blood Prince"

After a week of little to no movie news of interest to me, today we get the first trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, one of my favorite books from the series. The look of the movie is sufficiently creepy, and just enough of a tease to make me eager for November 21. The trailer is embedded below, but you can see a prettier version here.



I love that the trailer uses some of John Williams' classic Harry Potter score, which we haven't heard officially since Prisoner of Azkaban. I'm not sure why he isn't still scoring these movies, but his absence has been felt over the past couple of movies. Wouldn't it be a great bookend to this series if he returned to do the music for The Deathly Hallows? If this great saga has taught us nothing, it's that we can always dream...

8 comments:

Erica Eley said...

Oh! I will definitely stand in line for this one! Cannot wait! Thank you for posting the first trailer, Justin. I'll be sure to direct Matt to it- he's become quite a Harry Potter enthusiast...

Amy said...

I just watched this on Yahoo. I am so excited. It looks really good

Chanelle said...

I think that I am the last person on this earth that hasn't even read the book! I must be crazy, right?

It has been way too long since I have visited your blog. I've missed a lot of good stuff!

Michelle said...

Thanks Justin. I'm excited, too!

Anonymous said...

This will be showing my nerdy side here, but I've read this book 4 times and it is one of my favs. How will the movie ever match up? I'm like the Harry-Potter- girl equivalent to your Vampire book girls! Dare I tell you that I used to go to the Leaky Cauldron site??
- Caprice

Miss Gabe said...

As excited as I am for the movie, it is followed with super sadness cause I don't know what my life will be like when now all the books AND the movies are over with!

Have I mention I was fully crying when I finished that last book?! I need Harry in my life AND I am not ashamed of it!

Unknown said...

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!
ps - Jay, thanks for the hug - here's a virtual hug right back at you!!

Katie said...

That is a pretty good clip. I might see it.