Wednesday, June 06, 2007

"On the Lot" still on the air...for now

I have a confession to make: Wendy and I couldn't muster up enough interest in On the Lot to watch the whole thing last night. On the one hand, it's becoming a most fascinating failure--a huge fiasco coming from some pretty big names (Spielberg and Burnett). On the other hand, I don't care how bizarre the show's shortcomings are, it's outright dull! We sat through one of the movies (the ring in the toilet one) but just couldn't sit around and listen to the judges or the hostess make things more awkward than they already were.

As I browsed EW.com today, I noticed a short article describing some of the strange happenings surrounding the much-hyped show. Though Fox claims that it's sticking with the show through August, it sounds to me like they are trying to kill the show slowly (like trying to shoot a deer with a BB gun). Click here for the full story.

I still argue that a show for amateur filmmakers is a great idea, but I think the American Idol format is what killed the show (as well as some really boneheaded producers). While I'm sorry I recommended the show to my loyal readers, the show could just as easily been fantastic, so I feel vindicated. Still, for those of you (like me) that devoted precious time to this strange show, I'm sorry. I guess there's nothing left for us to do but focus our attention on So You Think You Can Dance...

4 comments:

KA said...

I know. You're right. It could have been fab. I tried, just for you, but only once. And no workie.

shoeaddict said...

I am so upset about this. Fox always does wacky stuff. It could've been great. I watched last night and I liked one of the movies. But, the hostess is awkward, the set-up is weird, etc..

Annie said...

It was way too painful to watch the host. She was weird. It really looked like a good concept...too bad.

Justin said...

It's official; we're not even watching anymore. We deleted it from our DVR timers.