Friday, October 31, 2008

"Angels & Demons" trailer

Dan Brown's Angels & Demons was always a superior novel to The Da Vinci Code, if you asked me. Which I hope will give Tom Hanks, Ron Howard, & company better source material with which to craft an exciting cinematic mystery. Based on the first trailer, which premiered online today, they've got the look down...the tone is appropriately dark, and even Tom Hanks' hair has improved. Watch it for yourself here.

I liked The Da Vinci Code, especially since I had the chance to visit some of the sites included in that Paris-based mystery. But Angels & Demons was a creepier, twistier thriller of a book, and was a fun one to read for our dearly-departed book club several summers ago. (I still remember Jon asking everyone to create their own anagram...). This looks to be a movie to look forward to next May. What do you think?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Haven't read the book. Do I need to read the book first? I almost don't even want to watch a trailer, because if I watch the trailer I won't read the book. DO you have a copy I can borrow?

Katie said...

I remember Jon making a really awesome anagram of his name. The boys got talent.

Jon said...

There's a cool website where you can put in words and it will turn them into ambigrams for you. It's www.wowtattoos.com. I'm excited for this movie too.

KA said...

Is that Ewan McGreggor?