Thursday, January 24, 2008

Random movie tidbits

Here are a few interesting movie-related nuggets I've read about over the past day or two (click on the included links for more info):
  • Moviegoers across the country are loving Cloverfield, the new movie that is Godzilla meets Blair Witch. Only problem is a lot of people are getting motion-sickness from watching the movie (like The Bourne Supremacy times 10). Now I'm as excited to see it as the next guy, but seriously, is it worth having to take Dramamine just to get through the movie?
  • Ain't It Cool News has a potential Indiana Jones trailer description that seems pretty cool. Don't know if it's real, but sounds like we'll get our first peek on Feb. 15.
  • Oscar nominations were announced on Tuesday. Since I haven't seen most of the movies, I don't really care much...but I can't help but be excited for Johnny Depp, who looks fantastic in Sweeney Todd (and was robbed a few years ago by losing for the original Pirates). What do you suppose the Clearplay version of Sweeney Todd will look like?
  • The new James Bond movie has apparently been given a title: Quantum of Solace. My first reaction to the title was the taste of bile in my mouth...which was quickly erased when I read the next piece of news:
  • Disney/Pixar are going to be re-releasing Toy Story and Toy Story 2 in 3-D, in anticipation of the June 2010 release of Toy Story 3. The original Toy Story is among my all-time favorites, so the chance to see it again in a new format feels really exciting to me. Maybe by then Lily will get into the action!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the Movies Nominated for an Academy award "There will be blood" looks pretty good. Anyone had a chance to see this yet?

KA said...

Clearplay of Sweeney Todd would, from what I've heard, be pretty much blank.

Jon said...

I can't wait for the Bond movie even though it has a dumb title.