Friday, January 11, 2008

Lily Marie Allen

Well, she finally arrived. Yes, to those of you who had been watching the baby-counter down in the bottom left corner of this blog, our little Lily Marie Allen was born on January 2, 2008 (about five days late). Both she and Wendy were very stoic during labor and delivery, and are equally blessed with good looks.

Lily weighed 7 lbs. 2 oz. and was 19.5 inches long. She has been healthy and happy and a genuine blessing to our little family. I'd like to upload more photos, but I'll wait to put them on a yet-to-be-created Allen Family-centric blog. In the meantime, don't mind if I borrow this space to brag about our pretty little princess.

She's blessed with daddy's chin(s).

She loves her Grandpa Allen, but maybe not as much as he loves her...

She has her dad's strange pointy little pinkies, but you can't really tell here.

She's much happier now that she's not stuck in a birth canal.

"Aww Dad, you're embarrassing me!"

Pardon the diaper shot, but I just couldn't resist.

11 comments:

Amber Lee said...

She's beautiful! I haven't seen your family since the wedding, but I know what her mom's family looks like, and that bodes very well for her! Thanks for sharing your blog with me, and please let me know when you start a family one. Ours is brunjesbloggings.blogspot.com, and it has links to my sisters', as well, so tell Wendy to peek when she feels up to it!

Shoeaddict said...

Thank you for sharing! Lily is very beautiful.

Devry said...

Congratulations to you and Wendy! She is adorable.

lacy lee said...

Oh! What a beautiful baby! Congrats to you guys and I can't wait for the debut of the fam blog, so we can see more of her...

Dana said...

Congratulations to you both! She is an angel!

Michelle Y said...

We are so happy for you and Wendy, Lily is beautiful. We can't wait to meet her one of these days. Congrats on her birth, you both will be awesome parents.

Katie said...

I love that picture of her and Dad. And I do notice the pinkies, how funny! What a doll, I love her!

KA said...

She is just to die for.

Miss Gabe said...

Yaaahoo!! You guys produced quite the young lady, well done! We are SO happy for your new little family. She is beautiful, but lets be honest how could she not be?!? Good job and all our love.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! How exciting. It is a wonderful thing. We LOVE all the funny faces she is making. She is going to be a character. That's terrific. Oh and ps--Justin, we like your new hair-do.

Stinsonian said...

I can't get over how beautiful she is! You are blessed with a darling little girl & I can't wait to see her.