Friday, January 25, 2008

"Get Smart" trailer

Don't know about you, but I loved watching old reruns of Get Smart when I was a child. I think it aired on TV at 10:00 p.m., after which we were quickly ushered away to bed. Don Adams was supremely silly, and the show was just enough of the James Bond-esque spy world to feel cool to a 10 year old boy. (I also think I remember Jennie pretending that her pink jellies were her shoe phone...)

Now Steve Carell is starring as Maxwell Smart in the film adaptation of the 1960s TV show, with Anne Hathaway as his romantic foil, Alan Arkin as his boss, and The Rock as a fellow agent. While the following trailer didn't blow me away, it did have a few good chuckles. This could be a silly diversion for the summer movie season; I just hope they stay true to the show's innocent sense of humor. Watch the trailer here.

What do you think? Will you pluck down $8.50 to go see this?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm getting such a weird Naked Gun vibe from this. But that puts the Rock in OJ's spot. I'm wondering if it would be inappropriate for me to contact his family and give them a heads up.....probably not.

jennie said...

Don't remember the pink Jelly thing, but I'll take your word for it. You should mention me more often.

Jon said...

Loved the trailer. Also loved the original series.