Tuesday, October 30, 2007

"The Office 2" on its way?

This link asserts that NBC is getting set to spin off The Office (likely in the spring), although it sounds like the spinoff will not be stealing any of the mothership's original cast. Read all about it here (you'll need to scroll down to find it...).

How do I feel about this news? Well, happy that Dwight won't be leaving Scranton, for one, and sad that they are diluting the product--which rarely ends well (especially because The Office isn't really the huge hit NBC is acting like it is...). We'll see how it goes.

7 comments:

KA said...

This is kind of weird. As it is, this season is falling a little flat for me. I keep hoping they can turn the magic back on.

PJC said...

Very interesting. I too am a little skeptical, but I will give it a shot.

Unknown said...

Justin--

My wife and I would like to officially invite you to join our "finer things" club. Do you own a beret?

In our opinion, the office is the funniest show on TV, and this season has cracked us up, especially the full-hour espisodes.

I am fully invested, and would love to see more.

Brett

Anonymous said...

Jdawg - This is definitely the kind of stuff I come to your blog for. You always seem to be in the know with these things. I'm not sure how I feel about the recent turn of events with the Office and really hope the new Michael isn't, Jim Carey, Al Bundy or Neil Patrick Harris. I am really hoping it's Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory or Erckel.

Anonymous said...

Justin -

I would love to see George from Seinfeld have his day in the sun as the Boss of the new Office Branch at Dunder Mifflin.

KA said...

If Constanza were indeed the new RM, I just might have to tune in after all.

Justin said...

There is obviously a lot of talent out there that could make for great TV, but does it have to ride on the coattails of one of TV's few remaining good sitcoms? Can't producers just come up with a new idea?

Having said that, Constanza could be pretty fun, but what about a funny female actress? Is it time for Jennifer Aniston's inevitable return to TV?