Monday, October 22, 2007

"The Amazing Race" returns!

Hot on the heels of the season's first big TV failure (Hugh Jackman's Viva Laughlin), CBS has announced that TV's most exciting reality show, The Amazing Race, will return on Nov. 4 in the timeslot it previously occupied last spring (Sundays at 7 p.m.). Details on the racers are yet to come, but producers promise that the race takes us to new countries this time around, including Ireland, Croatia, and Lithuania.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: even in the dullest of seasons (the Family Edition, anyone?), The Amazing Race represents the best of reality TV, mixing interesting players/relationships with exotic, wish-I-could-go-there locations. It's the one reality show I really wish I could be part of.

Judging by the show's most recent Emmy win (the fifth in a row), critics are in love with the show too. If you haven't already become a racer, mark your calendars for Nov. 4!

5 comments:

KA said...

You want to be part of Amazing Race? More than, say, Project Runway or some other such reality fabulousness?

shoeaddict said...

Why don't you audition??

Justin said...

Shocked, Kristen, that I have no interest in Project Runway? Have you SEEN my wardrobe lately?

And yes, I'd LOVE to audition for the Race, but I don't have a hook: if only I were Muslim or gay or something...

Katie said...

Does being bald give you a hook? You and Jon could audition together!

A Little Sass said...

Oh I can't wait. I really do love this show and would LOVE to go on it. I am so with you .. I don't have a hook. If only I were a gay Muslim! So is there a party planned for Nov. 4th?