Friday, September 07, 2007

The Return of "V"???

I stumbled across an interesting rumor today, indicating that there are talks of reviving the 1980s classic miniseries "V" (and its fantastic sequel, "V: The Final Battle"). While I'm certain that any revival would likely be gorier and racier than the original, I still have to say that I'm pretty curious about the idea of returning to one of my childhood's most fascinating TV fetishes. My parents would warn us about watching it; that it might give us nightmares. And of course, we'd be glued to that TV screen, even if it meant nightmares later on that night. I can still remember being completely creeped out about seeing the guy in the red suit being spied behind the dumpster while consuming a live mouse. Or Diana, the leader of the alien lizards, screaming "I WAS IN CHAAARGE!!!" Or when they'd peel off their skin to reveal that creepy green skin underneath. Or when that girl who mated with a lizard gave birth to twins...one human, one lizard. Man, I'm getting excited just thinking about it! Check out the full rumor here.

Who knows what will really happen, but given Hollywood's current fascination with all-things nostalgic, I wouldn't be surprised to see something happen. All I can say is that I'm sufficiently intrigued. How about you?

9 comments:

PJC said...

That show still gives me the creeps! I think I was 8 or so when it frist aired and man when that baby was born and then stuck out its lizard tounge to end the episode, it freaked me right out.

Pete

KA said...

I've never heard of this show in my life. Is it b/c I have no brothers?

Justin said...

I'll have you know that this show had nothing to do with brothers--my sisters all loved it too. Even Annie!

Anonymous said...

I don't remember anything about the show except how we would imitate the girls voice by talking into a fan. Do you remember that?

Unknown said...

I can't believe how fascinated we were! I don't think I could watch it now. It's no wonder I have had nightmares all my life!

Unknown said...

I am trying really hard to remember this show! We were totally pop culture kids in my family. I do have to say that I remember when MTV first came out on cable. My parents also forbid us to watch it, but we did anyway. I remember being scared by the video Thriller and still watching it every time it came on. I guess we just like torturing ourselves.

Justin said...

I love Thriller, even though it scared the heeby-jeebies out of me when I saw it (against my parents' will) at the roller-skating rink...

Anonymous said...

I thought Diana was kind of cute. For a lizard. And I think the Visitors could dislocate their jaws to swallow larger rodents whole.

jennie said...

Oh, I remember V. I wanted to be Julie so bad. I also remember watching Thriller at the skating rink. I would love to see it again.