Monday, September 10, 2007

The "Indy 4" official title is...

So we have Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, The Last Crusade, and... The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull? Well, it doesn't really roll off my tongue, but I guess it will grow on me. Having said that, I'm so excited about this movie that I'd still go see it if it was named Indiana Jones and the Quest for Britney Spears' Dignity, so I guess the title is irrelevant.

KOTCS arrives in theaters on Memorial Day weekend in 2008. What do you think of the new title? Do you have any better ideas?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

J - you are right on both accounts. The name is pretty retarded, but I would still like the see the movie. The only thing I disagree with is that you would still be willing to see the movie if Indy were searching for Britney Spears' dignity. I, on the other hand, would probably have to draw that line well before getting to Spears.

Justin said...

Good point. What's the use of searching for something that may have never existed in the first place?

KA said...

I can't think of anything appropriate to say about Britney Spears. But "crystal skull" makes me wonder what sort of quality we can expect from the movie.

PJC said...

Crystal Skulls, it sounds like sort of Indiana Jones with the skull, but sort of Parade Magazine with the skulls being made of crystal ... I guess Indy is pretty old maybe his audience has become the Parade Magazine audience, you know the same people who buy special plates with a picture of Elvis on it. Anyway, titles mean little to me, I want to see some substance, after all I do like the TV show named "The Unit." I can't wait to see a preview.

Peter

Justin said...

Good point, Pedro. Some pretty great movies have been made with some pretty lousy titles ("Vertical Limit" being the first one to come to mind, which I know is not "great" per se, but certainly better than its title would indicate...)

Anonymous said...

How about "Indiana Jones Is So Old His Skull Has Crystalized" for a title?

The Flying V said...

Indiana Jones and the declining value of the US dollar in an increasingly diversified world economy.