Thursday, March 13, 2008

It's official: "HP7" film in two halves!!!

Even though I have mixed feelings about who will be directing the final movies of the Harry Potter saga (David Yates, the director from The Order of the Phoenix), I think that releasing the film version of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in two parts will give filmmakers a chance to really tell the story in a more comprehensive way.

I can't wait to see how they split it up...can you think of a logical place in the novel for a cliffhanger? Here's my idea: directly after Dobby's tragic demise, Harry will go digging for carrots against a beautifully crimson sunset and promise himself that he'll never go hungry again. What do you think?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I have to say, I'm happy that there will be two movies, but I have no idea how they are going to break them up. It's also funny to think that the last movie isn't coming out for 3 years in 2011! Crazy!

Anonymous said...

Any idea how long in between the 2? I'm sure I could go find that info...but being fat AND lazy is just a part of who I am.

Unknown said...

If it goes that direction then you could also throw in a scene with Ron squealing "I don't know nothin' about destroyin' no horcrux!!"

Unknown said...

That was funnier in my head.