Friday, March 28, 2008

"The Incredible Hulk" trailer

Yeah, I know, I was thinking the same thing: why do we need another Hulk movie, after the last version back in 2003 sorta stunk up the classic comic. The good news is that The Incredible Hulk is not intended to be a continuation to Ang Lee's artful (but miserable) Hulk movie from a few years back, but rather a franchise reboot akin to Batman Begins or Superman Returns. Watch the trailer here.

As you know, I'm always up for a great comic book movie. But my first reaction to the trailer is that (a) it doesn't look all that different from the last Hulk movie, and (b) it doesn't look that good. It comes out this June, amidst a very crowded summer movie season, and my initial reaction is that it may get lost amidst more original or more popular summer popcorn movies. And for some reason, five years doesn't seem like enough time between movies to launch a complete reboot.

What do you think of the trailer?

6 comments:

The Flying V said...

Jennifer Connely again??? {purrrrrr}

Justin said...

Flying V: No Jennifer Connelly, which you would have noticed if you'd ever click on the ever-loving links I so painstakingly include in each post.

Instead we get Jennifer Connelly-lite: Liv Tyler.

The Flying V said...

I'm a Territory Exec now dangit....I don't have time for all this link clickery!

ammonc said...

I like Mr. The Illusionist, although I am not a huge fan of the That Thing You Do girl.

From the 30 sec trailer, it seemed like this movie will not have much of the secret alter ego intra-personal conflicts, ie trying to successfully live with both the crazy monster man and passive scientist personalities like the TV show had. It seems like when the hulk finally emerges in this movie, he is here to stay.

Also the CGI effects don't look as cartoonish as the last movie.

I think it should be fun.

PS Thanks for painstaking links.

Justin said...

Flying V: I love the picture, which looks vaguely similar to some of your OROTW devotees...

Ammon: I agree that this movie SHOULD be fun...just like the last one SHOULD HAVE BEEN fun, but wasn't. I hope they learn their lesson this time. And thank you for clicking on the painstaking link; at least SOMEONE understands what it takes to keep a blog-wonder like this going from week to week.

Jon said...

I also clicked on the link and am kind of interested in seeing the movie. I love Marvel characters.