Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Trailer for "2012"

Ok, I'm not officially a fan of Roland Emmerich, the director of such cheesy disaster trash as Godzilla, The Day After Tomorrow, and 10,000 B.C. Sure, his Independence Day was the eye-candy benchmark for its day, but feels pretty dated anytime I catch a few minutes of it on TV (which seems to be every weekend). After all, most of his movies look fantastic, but are usually paper-thin when it comes to plot or character-development. (One of my favorite moments from The Day After Tomorrow is when Jake Gyllenhal's character actually outruns cold air...yes, AIR!!!)

Having said all this, the latest trailer for 2012 looks pretty exciting, even though I think we all know what we're in for.




What do you think? Will you shell out $10 to see Mr. Emmerich destroy the world again?

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Let's be serious. I have a not so secret crush on John Cusack. So regardless of how probably less than awesome this final product will end up being. I'll still plunk my money down like a fool! Thanks for the link J!

Jon said...

Long on special effects, short on plot? Sounds like my kind of movie.