Wednesday, December 12, 2007

"Twilight" casting

Now in the interest of full disclosure, I never got past page 67 of Stephanie Meyer's Twilight, and I highly doubt I will see the movie when it finally makes it to theaters, but I thought that some of my female readers might get tired of me writing about Jack Bauer and Indiana Jones, so I'm throwing them a bone. Producers have announced some of the major casting for the film version of Twilight, and I thought some of you might be interested to see Edward and Bella personified:
You might recognize this chap from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire as Cedric Diggory himself. Not really the type of guy I would see Wendy leaving me for, but I guess that's a good thing...


As for Bella, you'll recognize this actress (Kristen Stewart) from things like Zathura, Panic Room, and In the Land of Women. One thing I'll say for her is that she does moody well...

Stephanie Meyer is on record as loving these two casting choices. The real question is what do you think about them? Is this your vision of Edward & Bella?

11 comments:

KA said...

No, that does not look like Edward to me. But, in fairness, the way she went on and on about how beautiful he was, I don't think there is a soul on earth that could live up to my expectations of gorgeousness.

Wendy Marie said...

WHAT THE CRAP!!! What a lousy choice. Cedric Diggory is not at all how I pictured my fantasy Edward. (By the way, this is my first comment on anyone's blog...I just couldn't help myself.)

Shoeaddict said...

Certainly not! I agree with KA about Edward, though. This guy looks like he needs a bath.

I thought Alexis Bledel would've been the best Bella.

Dana said...

It wouldn't have been my first choice but maybe Cedric will clean up nice, I did love him in HP. As for Bella I can't really stand the character so I'm cool w/ whomever.

Katie said...

All I have to say is, "Hurray Wendy!!" Now that you entered the world of the blog, you MUST leave a comment on mine!
Oh, and no, Edward is not how I imagined him.

KA said...

Jay--does it hurt your feelings that we're all more thrilled that Wendy posted a comment than that you posted on your blog?

And I second Dana's can't standing of the Bella.

Anonymous said...

Edward - no

Bella - fine

I think Mark would definitely take issue with KA's observation as he could testify as an eye witness to seeing a perfect Edward several times a day - and usually in the morning while shaving. Verdad que si, Marko?

Justin said...

Kristen: No, I am used to being outshined by Wendy in every way. It's one of the reasons I married her.

jennie said...

The pictures I saw of him are MUCH prettier than that. I had a crush immediately. In fact, are we sure we are talking about the same person, because the e-mail I got of the castings said the Edward choice was a new-comer.

Stinsonian said...

Hate the Edward choice but I think Bella is pretty accurate. I thought Edward had lighter hair than that?!?!? You're right... she can do "moody".

Anonymous said...

I like who Bella is, but I think they could have picked a way hotter edward, the one they picked is not how i pictured him at all! I hope that they change him or something cuz i really dont like who they picked.