Thursday, December 13, 2007

"Pushing Daisies" on hiatus

For those of you that watched the excellent Pushing Daisies last night, you probably didn't realize that you were getting the last new episode that has been filmed of the wonderful new show. Yes, that means Daisies now joins the wasteland of all our favorite shows to be indefinitely on hold until this cursed writer's strike comes to an end.

I really think Pushing Daisies has gotten better as time has gone on. It has always been witty, but it has continued to prove that it's not just a one-trick pony...the cast is great, the sets are whimsical, the narration is fantastic, and the story always seems to go in a direction you wouldn't have expected (like the revelation of last night's killer, as well as the identity of Chuck's mother). Best of all, the dialog is razor-sharp, fast, and always smart (like Olive's witch-bosom joke and Tennessee Williams reference). Rather than feeling like a romantic, I actually feel like an intellectual for loving this show.

For the love of all things baked and delicious, let's end this strike NOW!!!

4 comments:

Shoeaddict said...

I want MORE MORE MORE! I love this show. I am so sad for this strike and want it to be over.

KA said...

It pleases me that KC seems to a much more integral role now than she did at first. I adore Olive. Can't help myself.

jennie said...

I love love love this show. It's hands down the best show on TV. Please start writing again soon!!!!

Unknown said...

I totally agree! We LOVE this show. I find myself laughing about every 5 minutes. When people tell me they don't get the show or they don't like it, I just think they must not be as witty as we are. haha (just kidding ;D)