Thursday, July 05, 2007

Will Harry Potter die?

Even before the book comes out, the biggest question surrounding Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is undoubtedly "Will Harry Potter live or die?" Of course I have my own opinions, which are admittedly based largely in what I want (rather than what would make sense), but I think our scarred hero will indeed survive the series, if nothing else but to give millions of readers worldwide the happy ending that they all signed up for when they picked up the first book 10 years ago. Read my lips: Harry Potter will not die. (I'm almost starting to believe myself!)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree, hijo mio. Harry will not die, although I'm sure some major character (Ron, Hermoine, Hagrid) will die. Also, I'm pretty sure Snape will turn out to be a "good guy."

Also, I predict J.K. Rowling will not go bankrupt any time soon.

Brett

KA said...

HP can't die. Hello? And Ron and Hermione will be getting married after graduation. So, I guess it's Hagrid.

Anonymous said...

I concur with the above - especially about J.K. Rowling not going bankrupt any time soon.

lacy lee said...

Since the story is from Harry's third-person-limited point of view, if he died, the book would have to end immediately. No mourning scenes, no explanation or rehashing. The bad guy always dies. It's the law.

PJC said...

HP lives, Snape dies. Dumbledore never died.