Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Babies and wizards

A couple of quick updates, intended to make up for some massively blaring omissions from my blog in recent weeks:
  • Wendy and I found out that we're having a baby girl! As you can see from the counter at the bottom of this page, only 157 days to go! Now if we could just decide on a name...
  • Only slightly less exciting is the fact that I finished the final Harry Potter book on Monday, and though I won't spoil it here, really enjoyed it overall. I have a few minor quibbles about some of the ends that seemed too neatly tied-up, as well as a few pacing issues (could the three main characters have been in hiding for less than 600 pages, please?). But again, a most satisfying conclusion to a fantastic seven-book fantasy. I can't wait to see what Rowling has up her sleeve next.

5 comments:

shoeaddict said...

Hey, so glad you stopped by! Kristen is a great name!!! I'm just saying...

KA said...

Was this what you were going to say the other night? Or something else? You can tell me now :)

Michelle Y said...

Congrats on the upcoming arrival of your baby GIRL!! So cute, what is the due date? We were sad we missed you guys (again) while we were in Utah.
Take care,
Michelle

Michelle said...

I just finished...We should talk. - Michelle

Unknown said...

Hey Justin!

Brett and I have both finished the book and seen the movie now, so I feel really good about jumping in to the discussion world of Harry Potter! We loved the book too of course. What were your issues about the book? I'm wondering if they were the same issues that I have.

Also, did you cry? I cried like the whole last 200 pages! Strangely Brett did not. Also I have like 3 or 4 all time favorite moments from the end of the book. I don't know if it's safe to share them, so as not to spoil it for someone else. I will just say that they involve Mrs. Weasley, Percey, Pro. McGonagall, and Ron and Heromine. To Harry Potter!