Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"Transformers 2" trailer

Michael Bay is the king of explosions and bigger-is-better action sequences. His Pearl Harbor was a visually-arresting disappointment, and Armageddon still gives me motion sickness, but I thought the original Transformers was a great roller-coaster ride, because I wasn't expecting Shakespeare from a movie based on action figures.

Now comes the trailer for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, which frankly looks like a bigger, louder version of the original. And I can't wait. Watch the trailer (as well as the shorter clip that aired during the Super Bowl) here.

By the way, as hinted in the trailer, word is that producers were actually given permission to film on the pyramids near Cairo, which had better be amazing. Revenge hits theaters on June 24.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I'd better see the original one first (do you have it?), it looks pretty intense. BTW, did Shia LaWhatever get top billing (I think that's what you call it) on the last one as well or is that a result of his Indiana Jones success?

ammonc said...

Looks like CG heaven. Should be good.

The Flying V said...

I loved the parts with the robots that change into things!!