Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Critics are digging "Lost" and "24" this year...are you?

I'll be the first to admit that this hasn't been my favorite season of Lost so far (time travel is a fickle friend), although I'm still watching religiously and will do so to the bitter end. Some people, though, are really loving it, to which I'd like to note that their brains are likely much more developed than mine.

24, however, has been fantastic from the get-go. True, several of the expected plot contrivances remain (ever-present moles, terrorists with unlimited resources, etc.), but the new location and mixture of faces (both fresh and familiar) has made for another wild ride with America's favorite action hero. If you're not watching it yet, tune in on Monday...don't worry about everything that happened in the first nine hours and just enjoy the rest of Jack Bauer's latest crazy day. (Or catch up on Hulu.com).

My favorite TV critic, Robert Bianco from USA Today, comments today on the creative resurgence of both Lost and 24, and calls them "the two best shows on TV." While my enthusiasm for Lost's current direction pales to his, I would agree that 24 and Lost are among the best shows on TV, maybe only rivaled by another great installment of The Amazing Race (flying cheese wheels...brilliant!).

What do you think? Are you as committed to 24 and Lost as I am?

11 comments:

Devry said...

I agree, 24 is rockin' this year, Lost I'm still watching but still wanting more.

Michelle said...

Yes.

Anonymous said...

Out of ALL the shows we watch, I do find it fascinating that we haven't gotten pulled into either of these. Sounds like it is time to get up to speed. I did love the first season of 24, I think I might have to jump on the wagon with this one.

Stinsonian said...

Loving Lost. FAVORITE SHOW... I love Wednesday's. (But always a bit confused afterwards.)

Erica Eley said...

Always look forward to prime time Wednesdays!
I'm not even going to begin getting caught up with 24, I'd never leave my sofa.

PJC said...

I like how they are trying to tap into the serious side of being Jack Bauer, the torment of letting innocent people get hurt for the greater good. An interesting focus for the season.

Emily said...

I've never watched the Amazing Race, though I hear good things about it. When does it show? I think I'd like to give it a try.

jennie said...

Thank you for the compliment. I am LOVING LOST this season. I didn't realize it made me smart!

jennie said...

Thank you for the compliment. I am LOVING LOST this season. I didn't realize it made me smart!

Amy said...

Still 2 of my favorite shows. We don't miss either one

Chanelle said...

I've never been able to get into Lost but Tom and I have really enjoyed 24 this year. It is so much better than the previous season