Sunday, December 14, 2008

"World's Coastlines from Above"

I've already praised the random joys of HDNet's programming, which includes such varied programming as Trailerama, Arrested Development, and Dan Rather Reports, all in glorious HD. My latest obsession is World's Coastlines from Above, which is exactly what it sounds like: helicopter tours of the world's shorelines. In addition to the amazing HD shots of some of the world's most remote and beautiful places (Spain is next on my travel "bucket list" thanks to this show), it includes info-packed narration that makes me feel like I'm learning while I appease my wander-lust. It kind of feels like someone has poured cheese sauce all over my broccoli so that I won't notice that I'm eating something that's good for me.

2 comments:

Katie said...

That does sound kindof cool. Too bad I don't pay any money for T.V.

Steve said...

I am a new fan of this show as well. Just got HD TV, and on Dish it is broadcast as part of their HD-Only offerings. My DVR is set to "record"!