Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Monday, Jon

I'm not much of a Star Trek fan. I never watched a complete episode of the original series, only occasionally watched The Next Generation with Jon, and never even saw the last movie (Nemesis). And part of me is tired of studios constantly reviving old ideas over and over, rather than just telling a unique story with unique characters. But I do like what I've heard about this new Star Trek movie, from director J.J. Abrams (Lost, Mission: Impossible III), and this trailer at least makes the reboot look slick and fast-paced. The embedded trailer is pretty low quality; if you want to see a really nice version, click here.



What do you think of the trailer? Will Trekkies renew their love for Cap'n Kirk? And will Abrams be able to bring Trek to a new generation of fans?

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Are there really no new stories out there to be written? I am a treky just like the rest of the family, but really lets have something new, not trashy, and not about vampires!!!