Thursday, November 13, 2008

Fair weather report

Tonight's "The Office" was a big, stinky letdown. This season has had some real highs (the weight-loss episode, last week's Jim/Dwight showdown, almost anything with Holly), but tonight's episode was slow, dirty, tired (Kelly & Ryan again...really writers?), and almost completely devoid of any charm. If it hadn't been for the long-overdue reunion of Jim and Pam, I would have been mad that I wasted 30 minutes of my night on the show. I hate to be such a fickle fan, but seriously...that was the best the writers could come up with?

In other news, I've been totally hooked on Survivor this season. I was drawn to it this time because it was filmed (for the first time) in glorious HD, but I've stuck with it because of the addicting drama from week to week. In my mind, Survivor is at its twisty best when it is unpredictable, as it as been the past few weeks. And this season has had a great mix of likable heroes (Matty, Bob, Sugar), villains (Ace, Randy), and everything in between. If The Amazing Race weren't always so dependably innocent and fun, I'd say Survivor could give it a run for its money as my favorite reality show.

4 comments:

Stinsonian said...

Here I comment again. I am LOVING Survivor this season! I don't even know who I am pulling for but each week I am surprised by who gets voted off. But I do miss Marcus... :)

Unknown said...

We have always been fans of Survivor. I am amazed at how every season (well most seasons) keeps drawing me. Love it!

johnEboy said...

I agree about last night. If Pam hadn't shown up at the end it was a run away for worst episode ever.

Ben Thomas said...

JDawg - Charlie's man crush on Marcus couldn't be funnier. I am loving this season. Hate Randy, love that Sugar.