Friday, May 09, 2008

New trailer for "The Dark Knight"

I know this blog has been awfully trailer-heavy as of late, but there are just so many interesting movies on the horizon. My current favorite trailer is the latest for The Dark Knight (the sequel to Batman Begins) which comes to theaters on July 18. Watch the trailer here (I think you have to click on the Batman symbol to get it to start).

It's another excellent trailer to a movie that is quickly rising to the top of my most-anticipated movies. I thought that Batman Begins was a very good movie--dark and bleak, but much more layered and complex than you'd expect from your standard comic book movie. Christian Bale is always great, and almost always underrated. Director Christopher Nolan (Memento, The Prestige) can do no wrong in my book, and I like BYU-grad Aaron Eckhart in the role of Harvey Dent (aka Two Face, foreshadowed in the trailer). And of course, it will be one of the final on-screen performances from the late Heath Ledger, who looks fantastic in the role of the Joker.

I really can't wait to see this, and hope it strengthens the great franchise re-started by its predecessor. What do you think of the new trailer?

2 comments:

The Flying V said...

If this movie lives up to the trailer, it'll be the best Batman yet.

Justin said...

I know, it gives me the chills.