Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A guilty pleasure in the works...

I've been reading a little about one of the next big musicals coming to the big screen, and have to admit that I'm not-so-secretly fascinated by what's in the works. Here are a few of the ingredients:
  • Johnny Depp...singing!
  • Tim Burton directing (which means that no matter what, it will be visually amazing)
  • Borat (Sacha Baron Cohen)
  • Snape (Alan Rickman)
  • Stephen Sondheim's music
Yes, I'm talking about Sweeney Todd, the one about the murderous barber. Tim Burton tends to go over the top sometimes, especially when it involves blood (Sleepy Hollow, anyone?), so I'm guessing this will be a pretty gruesome movie (likely an R-rating). All I've seen is a poster, and it admittedly looks very creepy. But seriously, do we have to go over the above list again? Click here to see a bigger version of the disgustingly-perfect poster, and tell me you're not just a little intrigued...

6 comments:

shoeaddict said...

I've read and seen the play. It's creepy all on it's own.

Justin said...

Kristin: Creepy = good? Did you like it?

shoeaddict said...

Love, Love, Loved!!!

Katie said...

We saw it at the ampitheatre at the mental hospital in Provo. It was Halloween, cold and dark. There couldn't have been a better setting for a messed up play. It was pretty creepy, didn't leave us with a good feeling after we saw it.

Unknown said...

Totally intrigued!!

jennie said...

Everyone knows I heart Johnny Depp. And the Tim Burton/Johnny Depp combo is always a treat. I'm a little sensitive to blood and gore though, so we'll see how this one turns out. I think Tim Burton is freaky and amazing.