Saturday, October 21, 2006

Random Movie Thoughts

Tonight Wendy and I saw "The Nightmare Before Christmas 3-D." They gave us the glasses and everything. It was the first time I had seen the movie, and I thought it was pretty charming. Visually, it was inventive and clever and always interesting. I didn't think the songs were all that catchy, but it was just so much fun to look at that I didn't care much. The 3-D was pretty fun too, although not nearly as showy as some of the movies that are originally made for 3-D (like that Disney classic, "Captain E-O").

A couple of other movies we have caught recently are "Monster-in-Law" (silly and almost offensively predictable), "Under the Tuscan Sun" (not nearly as romantic as it should have been), "Failure to Launch" (failure to laugh), and "Over the Hedge" (forgettable story peppered with a couple funny jokes).

I have to say that I'm not dying to see many of the movies that are coming up, not even James Bond. I am intrigued by "The Prestige" and am hearing good things about it, but other than that, the only other one that appeals much to me is "For Your Consideration," the latest from the "Waiting for Guffman" gang. You can check out the trailer at http://www.apple.com/trailers/warner_independent_pictures/foryourconsideration/

Hopefully there's a gem or two out there that's flying under my radar. Are there any movies coming up that I should be excited about?

No comments: