Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Summer Movie Preview: 2007

It's never to early to start looking ahead at all the good movies we have coming our way. Yes, I know that technically the summer of 2006 isn't even over yet, but really, there's not much more to be excited about (with the possible exception of Will Ferrell's "Talladega Nights"). So let's set our sights on next summer, shall we? I think it's shaping up to be one of the better summer movie schedules in recent memory; here's the calendar of noteworthy upcoming films (dates are subject to change):
  • Spider-man 3--May 4
  • Shrek the Third--May 18
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (title will likely change)--May 25
  • Ocean's Thirteen (minus Julia Roberts and Catherine Zeta-Jones)--June 8
  • Fantastic Four 2 (this is here for you, Jon)--June 15
  • Evan Almighty (with Steve Carell reprising his jerky newsanchor)--June 22
  • Ratatouille (Pixar's latest)--June 29
  • The Transformers--July 4
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix--July 13
  • The Simpsons--July 27
  • The Bourne Ultimatum--August 3
  • Rush Hour 3--August 10

I'm certain that there are a few of you out there that are tired of the predictible slate of sequels and TV-to-big-screen adaptations, but really...when you look at that list, you're telling me there isn't at least one movie that you're not excited about? I think not!

Any summer slate which includes Spidey, Cap'n Jack, Harry Potter, and Jason Bourne is FINE BY ME. So which of next year's big movies are you most excited about?

4 comments:

lacy lee said...

the Simpsons, definitely. Only don't tell my mom. I'm not even allowed to watch their television show.

Justin said...

"Simpsons" is a guilty pleasure in our home as well--some episodes guiltier than others.

PJC said...

And all this time I thought it was just Connie who wouldn't let her kids watch! In all honesty... I wouldn't let my kids watch it either, despite its hilarity and wit.
I'm excited about Pirates and Potter. The rest will be "renters" for me.
Jenn

Anonymous said...

I visit blogs like once in a blue moon (what does that mean exactly?), and for someone who was giving Kristen heat for her failure to regularly post, you are struggling. Let's put it this way, I have attended two viewings since you last wrote. Oh, and by the way, when I comment it usually has very little to do with the actual post. Poor blogger manners.