Thursday, February 16, 2006

For my first blog posting, I think it is appropriate to honor the television shows that have brought me so much joy over the past several months. These are the shows that are making me seriously consider an investment in Tivo, in no particular order (here come the bullets...):

  • "24"--What can I say about Jack Bauer, Chloe, Rudy Rutiger, and terrorists? That they give us an automatic FHE activity, and make our own jobs seem like a breeze. I'm not saying I wouldn't like to do a commando-roll from time to time, though...
  • "Lost"--Our most fascinating and frustrating addiction. And will they ever run out of deodorant? For everyone's sake I hope their next discovery is a boatload of Right Guard.
  • "The Office"--the best pseudo-documentary this side of Blaine, Missouri.
  • "The Amazing Race"--counting down the days until my next trip around the world.
  • "Gilmore Girls"--if anyone can find a more charming TV character than Lorelai Gilmore, I'd like to know about it. She's equally witty and silly, vulnerable and tough. And can anyone watch that annoying theme-song intro without giggling at the little dance she does?

Did I miss any Tivo-worthy shows?

4 comments:

PJC said...

Way to jump on the blog craze.

I would only add one show, BYU men's volleyball.

PJC said...

I am thrilled about your blog theme. It's about time we hear some reviews from the infamous "Jay from Orem".
I would add "My Name Is Earl" to your list. It is equally entertaining.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jay-
I would also add My name is Earl, Kind of Queens and Greys Anotomy,,,I know you won't do desperate housewives. Glad to see your blog.
Lacy Mcfifi

Justin said...

I love "King of Queens," but wouldn't put that in the category of shows that I just can't miss...I think "King" falls in the same comfort-food category as "Simpsons" and "Seinfeld"--it's great when you catch it, but you don't miss too much when you don't.