Monday, March 05, 2007

Justin's 10-Word Reviews

Since I have gotten behind with my reviews but know my readers demand to know what I have seen lately, I'm going to experiment with 10-word reviews (starting after the title) for the movies I have seen lately. Let me know what you think:
  • "The Bridge to Terabithia": Not a fantasy, but touching coming-of-age family drama (*** out of four)
  • "Ghost Rider": Silly, nonsensical, clumsy comic book adaptation. "The Mummy" meets "Constantine." (*1/2 out of four)
  • "Stranger than Fiction": Thoughtful, breezy & unique comedy-drama with a sweet gooey center. (***1/2 out of four). ("&" doesn't count as a word)
  • "The Illusionist": Moody, mysterious, enchanting score, slightly frustrating but overall satisfying conclusion (***1/2 out of four)
  • "Flushed Away": Mildly clever moments sprinkled throughout a noisy, crude, "family" mess (** out of four)
I'm also anxious to see "The Prestige" and "Music and Lyrics," but I'm secretly saving my movie bucks for the upcoming May movie binge that I'm planning. Can you believe that we're just over two months away and still haven't seen a trailer for "Pirates 3"?!?!

2 comments:

PJC said...

I like the 10 word reviews, but maybe you should take 20 or 15 to really give us the picture.

Anonymous said...

I loved "Stranger than Fiction" too. Now, thanks to your reviews, I will check out "The Illusionist". Thanks J.