Thursday, December 28, 2006

Europe 2006

Here are just a few photos from our recent trip to France and Italy. I tried to include some that show us in front of recognizable landmarks, but I couldn't resist throwing in a picture of Wendy's absolute favorite European moment (feeding pigeons in St. Mark's Square in Venice). (Shhh...don't tell her that we have pigeons in the U.S....)
Here we are outside the Louvre in Paris...
...in front of the Arc de Triumph (that's the Eiffel Tower in the distance)...
...standing on the Rialto Bridge in Venice...
...and in front of the Roman Coliseum.

It was an amazing trip; more fun than we could have imagined, and yet we were so glad to get back home. What did we miss most about the U.S.? Well, aside from the obvious (family, friends), I'd have to say free soda refills and public non-smoking ordinances. We're glad to be home!

4 comments:

KA said...

What is cuter than Wendy's face in that pigeon picture??

Justin said...

The answer to your question, of course, is "nothing."

Devry said...

I love it! Thanks for the pics. I've only spent a little bit of time in Italy, but I loved it so much!

Lindsay said...

I adore that there are now pics for us all to see and enjoy vicariously through you the joys of Europe.

I hear italy is amazing but how can you beat a free place to stay in Ireland. Just saying for when you plan your next trip to Europe :)